Friday, February 9, 2007

MEETING VERONICA




Hello what is your name?

Veronica

Excuse me I didn’t understand?

Ve-ro-ni-ca. When I was a little girl I used to go to the beach and seat on the small stones and look at the sea forever. I would stay there and wait. And I would wait for a long time for a big boat to come from very far away….One day the big boat came. I could see it very small, very far away. Getting bigger, and bigger, and bigger, until it was right here. Huge boat. Beautiful! And then a little door open…a man came out… from the man came a dream.
Well that is a secret.
Apart from that I sold fish in the market.

When did you die?

I died in 1950. I died because I fell and knocked my head on a stone. I was about 50 years old. You know, when you are older you forget.

Do you come over often?

I go by the sea everyday. I like it, especially by dawn when the lines are blured and there is a feeling of immensity. I like to know where things come from and be close to that. Can you imagine how far away things constantly are? So out of reach without purpose. Do you understand?

I think I do. I guess you are talking about the relation between time and matter??

Yes do you know this song?

Row, row, row your boat
Gently down the stream
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,
Life is just a dream.

Row, row, row your boat
Gently down the stream
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,
Life is just a dream.

No comments: